At Dividend Capital, we apply our experience, insights and vast knowledge of the real estate market to develop innovative investment products designed to build real value for our investors. Our team is comprised of experts in real estate acquisitions, operations, property management, financing and investing. But while our team is built on visionary thought leadership, we’re also not afraid to get our hands dirty. Extensive due diligence and a relentless focus on building shareholder value can often lead to untapped potential. Since the formation of their first real estate companies in 1993, the principals of Dividend Capital and their affiliates have sponsored the formation of a wide range of institutional real estate investment management and finance businesses operating throughout North America, including public and private platform companies.
From inception in 1993 through September 30, 2016, these companies have developed or acquired real estate assets and real estate-related securities totaling approximately $16.6 billion1 in a diverse range of product types, including residential, retail, office, industrial and land. Our investment partners have included leading financial institutions, major state pension funds, retail investors and high net worth individuals.
Track Record of Liquidity Events
The principal owners of our sponsor, either directly or indirectly through affiliated entities, have sponsored a number of industrial real estate programs that have gone full-cycle through a liquidity event:2
- DCT Industrial Trust Inc. (NYSE: DCT) (formerly known as Dividend Capital Trust Inc.), which was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in December 2006
- Industrial Income Trust Inc. built and operated a national platform of high-quality distribution warehouses and completed its merger with and into an affiliate of Global Logistic Properties Limited for approximately $4.55 billion in November 20153
Additionally, the principals of Dividend Capital have sponsored 57 private real estate programs.
- This information includes some unrelated entities that the principals of Dividend Capital Group and their affiliates have sponsored prior to the creation of Dividend Capital. The performance of past programs is not indicative of future results.
- DCT Industrial are no longer controlled by the principals of Dividend Capital.
- Concurrently with the closing of the merger transaction, IIT transferred 11 properties then owned by IIT that were under development or in the lease-up stage (the “Excluded Properties”) to a liquidating entity (the “Liquidating Entity”), the beneficial interests in which were distributed pro rata to current IIT stockholders. The Liquidating Entity currently anticipates that it will complete its liquidation within 12 to 24 months following the merger, with the goal of maximizing the value of the Excluded Properties for IIT’s stockholders. Academy Partners Ltd. Liability Company (“Academy Partners”) is the former owner and user of the name “Industrial Income Trust Inc.,” “Industrial Income Trust” and “IIT” (collectively, the “Trademarks”) and Global Logistic Properties (or its affiliate), which is unrelated to Academy Partners and Dividend Capital, is the present owner and source of services provided under the Trademarks.